A old texture bug

GT6’s gravity-affected blocks will become gravel texture when they fall and return to normal after landing. This problem has existed for a long time, but it has not been solved.

3 Likes

Yep, because Minecrafts Rendering is a bitch and I gave up on trying to fix it.

3 Likes

Could make your own falling block entity subclass to fix it?

2 Likes

technically? probably yes. practically? I have no fucking idea how to sync Entity shit in MC 1.7.10. All my attempts at that failed. All that really counts is that shit works, even if its “gravelized”

2 Likes

Enviromine gravity driven blocks change to a standard texture too when they drop. I think the rendering for moving is just difficult.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can only do Block + Metadata for the falling Blocks, and in earlier MC Versions where there was no red sand you could only do Block without Metadata.

2 Likes

I don’t recall it being hard overall, I had my own falling blocks that worked with whatever texture I told them way way back, and it was a pretty simple entity falling block subclass or whatever it was (just have to specify the proper texture to send)?

2 Likes

Entity Rendering became a Clusterfuck that I am currently too lazy to investigate in, that’s why this is in the “Later” Category lol.

2 Likes