A strange compatibility error with GT6 and ItemRender

https://www.mcmod.cn/class/175.html
ItemRender is a mod that can export pictures of all items in a mod in the form of base64 code(exported file in JSON format). It is used to bulk-add data to a Chinese minecraft mod wiki: https://www.mcmod.cn (uploading the exported JSON file to the administrator, who will help you bulk-import the data without bothering you One by one)
The problem now is that Items Render’s “batch export” function can normally export everything in GT6 except machines / pipes / wires / batteries, but it’s very strange that machines / pipes / wires / batteries in other mods (including GT5) can’t be exported in batches. Normal batch export and GT6 is not possible, I do not know exactly where the problem, which brings trouble to update the GT6 data on mcmod
@greg

2 Likes

I just contacted the guy who made the FTB-Wiki and who did successfully manage to get all GT6 Blocks and Items exported. Maybe he can help you with that. He did tell me he used NEI to dump the Pictures.

I use some sort of custom Rendering for my Blocks, and I never heard of the ItemRender Mod, so I don’t exactly know how to help you myself.

1 Like

eh…Maybe ItemRender is only used in China, so you don’t know… You can try to translate it with Google Translator and try to figure out where the code is in conflict… And strangely enough, all the items in the export backpack are available, but not all the items in bulk. Maybe you should contact the mcmod Administrator…

1 Like

I don’t exactly know how I would even start to fix it on my end, since I use a custom Renderer and that is kindof required to make all my more intelligent Blocks work.

I also don’t know anything about the Chinese Stuff that is going on. Nor do I know the Language, so I don’t think I can properly communicate with anyone there even if they speak English, they will probably not understand what I mean, not to mention I have absolutely no idea what exactly the Issue is nor how to fix it. ^^"

1 Like

Do you use the same renderer in GT6 as GT5?

1 Like

technically yes, practically its slightly different. But both use the same Rendering Hook.

1 Like

How to use ItemRender: After installation, all the items in the current backpack are exported in [or] png format. The exported pictures are stored in. minecraft/rendered, and the ratio of the exported pictures can be adjusted with the instruction /itemrender scale [value] (value range 0.0-2.0).
Press I to export all the items in the game in JSON format, and the exported files are stored in.Minecraft/export.
The problem is that you can normally export GT6 machines/pipes/wires/batteries from your backpack, but you can’t export everything with the I key, you can only export the rest of the machine/pipes/wires /batteries

2 Likes

Oh then that must be a Bug in ItemRenderer for sure, if it works in one part but doesn’t work in the other part.

1 Like

But only GT6 has a partially non-existent and non-crashing situation in front of it, and GT5 doesn’t either, so it must be a problem of code conflict in GT6 itself.

1 Like

Do GT5 Cables render properly in that program? Because I use the same basic system as those cables to make things work.

1 Like

Yes, it can be rendered properly, and it’s strange that I don’t know what causes incompatibility other than the renderer

1 Like

Did you find some way to make it work for you? just checking in on it. ^^

Edit: As far as I know I can unmark Solutions too, so current temporary Solution until I hear back is: Just put things into a Backpack and then bulk process them.

1 Like