Dark steel anvil recipe

Hi Greg,
Crafting nine dark steel ingots from enderIO produces an obsidian steel ingot block, not a dark steel ingot block. This wouldn’t normally be an issue but obsidian steel ingot blocks can’t be used in the recipe for dark steel anvils, any suggestions?

2 Likes

Dark Steel and Obsidian Steel are the same thing, right? I mean production/components wise?

2 Likes

According to EnderIO not so, maybe they aren’t linking in the forge dictionary? Either way a recipe of 3 obsidian steel blocks on 4 dark steel ingots won’t make an anvil and thats what 9 dark steel ingots makes.

Perhaps they aren’t registered together?

The recipe in NEI:

EDIT
Interestingly you can use obsidian steel ingots in the base of the anvil, just not the blocks themselves.

2 Likes

What I meant was how are EnderIOs Ingots made?

1 Like

various ways, you could chuck a bunch of obsidian dust in a crucible with a steel ingot, or use enderIO’s alloy furnace and smelt an iron ingot, coal dust and obsidian blocks.

The ingot itself seems fine its just crafting to blocks, i’ve had standard steel ingots craft into refined iron blocks as well, uncrafting reverts to regular steel ingots.

2 Likes

Try taking the Dark Steel Block you get from crafting, place it in world and then chisel it with a GT6 Chisel. That should give you the proper Block if its OreDict Registered.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to respond to the chisel. Just to confirm i’m chiselling an obsidian steel block to try and receive a dark steel block? I can chisel a smooth stone block just fine so i believe the chisel is working, but then it’s only bronze.

2 Likes

Okay, I will fix that now, please wait for the next release or whenever the next secret version comes out, which should be in a few hours at most, more likely earlier. XD

2 Likes

Cheers Greg, thanks for that. :+1::grin:

2 Likes