Distiller, the between units

So, On every machine there is a “between unit” as in for example, I am setting up a distillery so I dont have to worry about running out of distilled water all the damn time, but the distillery takes in anywhere between 64 to 256 HU/tick. but the energy in states it takes 128HU/Tick. If I where to produce over the amount of HU a tick into the distiller, What would happen, would the distiller blow up? Or is blowing up only the case in say something like boilers.

3 Likes

In case of HU you shouldn’t worry about “Voltage”, because that is for the other power Systems with a different Size Relevance. ^^

2 Likes

I’ve been using a dryer to make distilled water, is a distillery more efficient?
(Not taking into account that it’s implied in the name…)

2 Likes

It is, if you have biomass.

3 Likes

That can be arranged. I’ve been looking into biomass -> fuel as a possible use for the extra saplings from my tree farm.

2 Likes

Distillery and Dryer both have the same Efficiency for Water to Distilled, but indeed the Distillery can do things the Dryer might not be able to like Biomass.

2 Likes

I should give a proper answer so I can mark this as solved:

HU and CU dont really do Voltage, so it is safe to use huge amounts of Heat, as long as the Object you are heating is not receiving so much that it starts melting, and as long as the total amount of Energy doesn’t exceed the Max Input Rate.

2 Likes

Yeah this was the answer I was kind of aiming for LOL, Thanks again.

2 Likes