Gregtech Version 6.09.08

I’m thinking maybe we should have threads based on each iteration of Gregtech. That way we can comment on what a fine job Greg does with each update and discuss the additions, fixes and changes that arise.

So without further ado, Ver. 6.09.08, so far looking lovely. I like the crafting anvils, just wondering how they work with Qwertechs anvils, would they work in conjunction with them or is more a one of the other deal?

2 Likes

The Anvils dont take Qwertech into account whatsoever, in fact from a technical standpoint there is even less “taking QT into account” than there was before because I removed a ton of Crafting Handlers that would usually have been disabled if QT is loaded for optimization reasons

tl;dr Crafting Tables lag like shit, so I made a less laggy alternative for the ton of Recipes I have.

As for @Qwerty s Anvils, I dont like them at all, their UI is more “fancy” than useful, they replace literally any Recipe that somehow contains a Hammer for absolutely no good or valid reason, and their NEI Handler breaks more often than not. Just a bad implementation overall from my PoV.

2 Likes

Righto, so from a performance point of view do you reckon it’s better to run without Qwertech?

I’m always looking for an excuse to cut back on the amount of mods I have installed especially if there is a Gregtech approved way/version and I keep an eye on those you recommend or avoid, but it seems a shame to drop one that is actively being worked on.

2 Likes

QwerTech doesn’t have the same performance Issues that the vanilla Crafting Table has. That is why I removed the Crafting Recipes involving a Hammer when QwerTech was installed in order for less overhead in removing and adding Recipes back again.

But now that I have my own Anvil, I basically dont have to rely on QwerTech to reduce the amount of Vanilla Crafting Recipes and can remove a ton of my own Recipes permanently in favor of my Anvil.

2 Likes

OK Sounds good, so long as I can still whack the anvil physically with a hammer. There is something really satisfying about actively crafting a part. :grinning:

2 Likes

Since this Thread exists, here a failed attempt at making the Anvil a bit better, the thing kinda looks like a fat wrench now… (needless to say I know exactly where I entered the wrong coordinates)

2 Likes

Ha, reminds me of the origin of the creeper being a distorted pig model.
How do you create your models, Do you plug in coords mathematically for everything or do you have some sort of model viewer/editor?

2 Likes

I just put in numbers into my Code, that is all. As long as its not about Rotating things I can be really good at Modelling Stuff with Numbers.

2 Likes

Quaternions right? :grin: So based on this and the final release image I’m guessing you are using separate blocks to change the texture edge and that way you can use a single texture?

2 Likes

I’m actually using the Texture of the blockSolid Prefix depending on the Material that the Anvil is made out of. Most things that can be placed ontop of the Anvil will have their blockSolid Texture used too, except for Gems which will use the blockGem Texture instead.

And the NEI Icon is a separate Texture that I use in a lot of things.

But in the end its just a bunch of Block Bounds being Rendered, kinda like for Stairs or Fences or the actual vanilla Anvil.

2 Likes

Always liked that, makes cross mod support and material additions easier.

So any plans for chains? are we going to see them integrated into machine recipes?

2 Likes

I dont really have plans for Chains at all, I added them so Qwerty wouldn’t have to add them and so that Recipes would be consistent and not overlapping.

Well the Anvils bending Functionality and Graphical Model are in a functioning State now, if you wanna play with them. :wink:

2 Likes