How to use the new version of logistics system

I studied the new version of the logistics system, but I don’t know how to use it because I don’t have GUI and detailed operating guidelines and mechanisms different from AE, so I send this post to ask you.

3 Likes

Interestingly a lot of the Stuff works very similar to AE.

First we have the Logistics Core. The 5x5x5 Multiblock that literally does all the things, nothing else actually does anything, it’s always the Logistics Core that does it through the Logistics Bus Covers.

You should put a Versatile Quadcore Processing Unit into it and no other CPUs for the beginning, until you learned it, and then upgrade later, depending on what you need. You will likely need Control CPUs for Range extension, and maybe Logic CPUs for Speed increase. Ofcourse there is also Electric Power needed to run the Core. :wink:

Like AE, you have Logistics Wires for distance, but you can also use other Logistics Blocks like the brand new Logistics Mass Storage, similar how to all the adjacent AE things connect with each other.

Logistics Covers can be placed on any Logistics Device, the Core, the Wires and the Logistics Mass Storages. These Covers will act pretty much exactly like Import/Export/Storage Busses from AE and interact with whatever Block is in front of them.

Apart from that there is nothing much to say for a Beginner. Maybe that the Filtered Covers do work like the regular Filters when it comes to selecting what to filter for, but that should be it.

4 Likes

Just tested with the New Logistics Core, building up some basic automations.

4 Likes

But what does every logistic cover do? What is difference between filtered, semifiltered and generic import/export?

2 Likes

lets see how do i reply to comments on a question, i hope this was the right button because i never actually used stackoverflow alike websites.
Well the Covers do Import and Export as in they take from whatever is Imported, and then they put it where it needs to be exported. And if there is nowhere to be exported it will dump it into the Storage, while if there is nothing to be imported it will try to take from Storage.
Filtered and Semifiltered only matters for the order of execution, and you can manually set priority using the Screwdriver on those Covers.
Stuff will generally try to Import from the Lowest Priority first and Export that to the highest priority first.

1 Like

The Covers on the Logistics Mass Storages you have put there are not needed, they have their own handling due to the integrated Storage Bus Cover.
They also point the wrong way since they only go for adjacent Stuff to the thing youve put them on and not the thing itself.

4 Likes

Thanks for your answer @Gregorius (I don’t know how to reply on comments)

3 Likes

Just like how you did, comments are linear on an answer, like on SO. ^.^

1 Like