Is there any relatively new servers? If not can I make one

I’d be interested as well.

3 Likes

then in that case ill start assembling it and ill Post IP along with the modpack that we will be using here. (its just going to be GT6 with some QOL stuff like a map)

3 Likes

I suggest you to give a look on bear adventure modpack. It is heaviily centered on gt6 and most of other mods have been modified to use gt6 component/machines

3 Likes

I already did, i created the quests for that modpack. However I don’t want to host something that intense.

3 Likes

Any reason for that?

3 Likes

Takes alot of Ram already to run GT6 on a server, I have done it before. and I don’t agree fully with the extreme difficulty bear has it set to. Also I spent alot of time creating the quests for it and have already played through it and dont quite feel like doing it a second time lol.

4 Likes

Uh what? Lots of RAM? Singleplayer only takes like 1GB. Where does the RAM leakage come from?

2 Likes

Whenever I have hosted GT6 on a server I run into issues when exploring new chunks where the whole server will just freeze up for a few seconds before it can continue. I ussually allocate 4gb Ram to the server when hosting GT6. I am unsure if this is a server issue or a mod issue, but this is the experiance I have had.

3 Likes

Yeah Worldgen can probably eat some more RAM, but it eats way more CPU too. Also dont forget to use the Default Config Pack that is supplied on the GT6 Downloads Page. That will fix a lot of Worldgen Lag with other Mods.

2 Likes

oh thanks, i must of missed that, thanks for solving that for me i was so confused as to why it required so much RAM when I ran servers with this.

3 Likes

I also have issues with freezing which is nullified by allocating more ram. in F3 I can see the amount of ram jump up close to 100% as the game loads and drops again. With less ram it hits the 100% mark and freezing occurs before dropping back down as the game processes. This was one of the reasons why I offset some processing to a server.

EDIT and yes it is worldgen. Regular game play is fine.

2 Likes

yeah i guess i didnt specify that worldgen is the issue, the gameplay itself runs smooth.

Edit: im sorry i am kind of lost, i am at the download page but it just shows all the different gregtechs for 1.7 and then a changelog download.

Edit 2: nevermind i found it

3 Likes

you want this part:

EDIT
great.

2 Likes

Here you go lol

2 Likes

yeah i found it lol
172.96.141.43:25565 is the IP
Dropbox - GT6-.zip - Simplify your life here is the pack normal people use
Dropbox - TFPP-1.0.0.zip - Simplify your life here is the pack if you prefer to use the twitch launcher.
I wont be on much because I have to go to work soon. but It is up and running and I think its running smoothly.

3 Likes

Ick, that seems point defeating for a GT6 server though?

No security issue for the forum, just possible issues for people that download it, and since I don’t use Windows… ^.^

This. I calculate the most efficient path to do stuff, so if another mod has a cheezy way, I will use it… >.>

No, they never really do.

I’d probably vote for adding Thaumcraft and it’s addons, it works very well with GT6, plus it adds in some sensible death forms, which I’m always for!

2 Likes

oh crap i forgot about thaumcraft. ill have to add that sometime in the future

3 Likes

Just read all Notes about Thaumcraft. I think there is some Issues I mentioned about it on the Download Page that a Patcher that is also linked there fixes.

2 Likes

forgot to also add this https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/fastcraft

EDIT: hey greg Idk if you know anything about it, but someone who joined is getting only 1FPS. but there is only 20 mods, is this a server side issue or a client side issue. Screenshot - 5e2fcf6be0ac253cfbde56d18d7f14c5 - Gyazo here is the list

3 Likes

Didn’t even see the link as it was added in edit. I’ll try it now.

2 Likes