Measuring voltage

Is there a device for measuring voltage, much like how a magnifying glass can measure steam/L?
I downgraded from a HV to a MV electrolyzer as the dynamo just wasn’t producing the voltage I thought it would.

Obvious miscalcualation on my end but I would like to know how much it is generating.

Additionally I get an almighty explosion sfx when starting up my contraption, no damage but it scared me out of my skin the first time it happened.
I’m running 4 strong steel boilers through 8 galvanized steel large pipes to a magnalium steam turbine into a HV dynamo directly under the MV electrolyzer. I wouldn’t immediately assume I have things set up incorrectly but let me know if I’m doing something wrong.

Just to confirm, the electrolyzer works it just makes a lot of noise on startup, tick tick tick as the steam build up them boom!, good to go.

2 Likes

Isn’t there an Energy Meter that measures total power transmitted through a cable?

2 Likes

Could be. Sounds like what i’m looking for, I’ll check for it later on.
One other thing, all the single block electrolyzers use the animated working texture for the front and back, but the back is for fluid in. Is that intentional?

2 Likes

What? The Top is for Fluid in, so I dont know what you mean, pretty sure the back might only be an alternative.

2 Likes

How odd, I’ve always used the back for fluid in, top for items in, right for items out and left for fluid out. I’ll need to go back and check.

2 Likes