[Mod] NotEnoughItems Unofficial

Please use his version if you want to get support or open source.
He might be add more functions in the future. Probably he can add the functions which I made because he is the collaborator in my NEI project and I allow him to use my codes freely, and he is great Java programmer:)
https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NotEnoughItems/tree/new_features

NotEnoughItems Unofficial

I expect everyone who play GT6 use screenshot to memory many recipes.
It's a pain thing, and sometimes want to use JEI lol (Of cource there isn't in 1.7.10).
So I modified NEI codes for working like JEI.

Please note this mod is experimental, it's laggy and buggy.

I don’t update and support this mod.
I don’t accept any suggestion or dissatisfaction things.

New functions

1. You can edit the character which is not the last character of the text in search textbox.
2. You can bookmark items by pushing "A".
3. Support advanced search - @modid moditem
ex) @gregtech wire

Download

My Website
It's not NEI addon but modified NEI, so you don't have to include original NEI with this.

License

Copyright (c) 2019 monatann
The code where I have written is All Rights Reserved.
You can use this in personal usage, but you may not re-upload without my permission.
I don't have a plan to give source code without original author and contributor of this modpack such as GTNH-Team(I used their modified version) now.
However if you really want, please contact me. I can help as well as possible.
I'll change above restriction if your thought resonates with me.
I don't get any responsibility whatever you are caught troubles by using this software.

About original author

Everyone knows the author, Chicken Bones :)
NEI is MIT License.
Here is the repository and license.

The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright © 2014 ChickenBones

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

8 Likes

Man, you’re the best. These are the things (bookmarks, the ability to edit the line) because of which I almost left from 1.7.10.

7 Likes

Heh, interesting task, like how it’s going.

5 Likes

Well…I think making recipe tab to show which machine can make is good idea, but it’s difficult.
I expect every mod sends tab information to JEI, and JEI display the tab icon.

Get recipe key and make sooooooooooooo many conditional branch is the only way to make this function, I don’t want to do crazy work lol.

I can’t imagine more idea about NEI :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Someone with a suspicious Username posted that the Link doesn’t work, might be worth investigating why GitHub throws an Error 404. :wink:

(A bunch of impostor accounts showed up at the same time with the same IP as that user)

(with impostor I mean names like “Twitch”, “GitHub” and “4chan”)

7 Likes

should’ve added to the post that it requires BetterQuesting and StandartExpansion to work

9 Likes

I got several harassment and I decided to set all my projects private.
Requiring BQ things are made because downloading mods function causes the mod loading problem.

I forgot to delete posts, sorry.(but it seems I can’t delete posts because of permission)

Edit: By the way requiring BQ things are made for the version of my pack, probably you use the version which is made that harassment man. (or get files from my pack)

5 Likes

Aren’t you doing exactly what that guy wants by setting everything private, though? You deleted any and all proof of you actually being the author of these mods and now that guy is re-distributing it, claiming it is his; and nobody is able to verify whether that is true or not.

8 Likes

@monatann Is everything okay? I can understand why you wouldn’t want the repository spammed with harassment, so should I just remove the 3 GitHub links and keep the Mods here? Its kindof useful Mods for people, I wouldn’t want to take them away. And I wouldn’t allow that kind of harassment here. ^^

4 Likes

Okayy I decided to upload old too buggy version on Greg website, probably it is the version which is redistributioned by that shit man.

I don’t update and support this No-DRM edition because it’s a bother to take latest codes into No-DRM edition well.
I don’t accept any suggestion or dissatisfaction things about this old version because it is possible that I have already fixed in latest version.

Edit: However it seems it doesn’t allow to upload .jar lol
Used my website.:joy:

5 Likes

The what?!

Okay I fixed that one. XD

5 Likes

I think i found a bug. When you type _ in the item search bar it breaks and you can’t type anything anymore, restart is required to fix it.

Great mod btw, i love it :slight_smile:
Also can you upload it to curse forge? That way i can include it in my pack :blush:

4 Likes

Please use GTNH version, it exists on Curse.
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/notenoughitems-gtnh

Their version would be better than the version I uploaded.

I knew this bug and I had already fixed, however I don’t want to update this mod by some reasons.

3 Likes

I tried that version but yours is better. Yours has machine tabs in gt6 and it works with INpure nei item hiding, which that other version does not

3 Likes

Latest build of my NEI doesn’t work in Linux/Mac user because of my bad programming skill, so I really suggest to use their version.
And I don’t have a plan to upload NEI on Curse, sorry.

However I had talked with GTNH NEI author and he told me that he would add the recipe tab. You can wait him.
And my latest build disabled item hiding(does the things you want to say mean “Item Subset”?).

Edit: If you want to include this buggy version I uploaded to your Curse modpack, please write pack URL.
After I confirm, I give you personal permission. You need to use Chicken-Bones deploader to download.

3 Likes

Wait what? How would that work… Java is multi-platform? o.O

5 Likes

I have said you before, Java -> JNA -> C++ -> SQLite
I can prepare .dll but can’t prepare .so

4 Likes

Why would that be used for NEI though?! SQLite is persistant storage, NEI is entirely dynamic, generated at load time, nothing is persistent at all. This sounds confusing?

4 Likes

I have already forgotten how original NEI works, but at least I can say that my codes are faster than original one.
I saw task manager to see disk usage, but in my environment it doesn’t matter.

If you want to use not-persistent one then you can use original one or GTNH version, don’t you?
I wrote “I don’t update and support this mod. I don’t accept any suggestion or dissatisfaction things.” on this topic.
Additionary I wrote in previous reply, I really recommend to use GTNH version.
If you dislike my work then you can make new one because you have a great programming skill to make and I don’t have correct programming skill.

Edit: I should write the background to use SQLite.
Of cource this code doesn’t work in Java, just make examples.

1. I made multi-threading system to search NEI item name. It likes
    parallelstream{
    if( item.getDisplayName() .contains(text) ){
    itemlist.add(item)
    }
    }

2. I want to make new functions to search tooltip. Then I wrote like
    parallelstream{
    if( item.getTooltip() .contains(text) ){
    itemlist.add(item)
    }
    }
    However it loads terrible time(for 30 seconds - few minutes?)

3. I want to learn SQL and I heard SQL is fast to process so I tried to use SQL in Java but failed because of security issue.

4. I use JNA/C++/SQLite in my latest build.

3 Likes

Yours has machine tabs in gt6 and it works with INpure nei item hiding, which that other version does not

I didn’t purposely disable anything related to INPure nei item hiding – If you can provide some details on that I’m happy to fix – Issues · GTNewHorizons/NotEnoughItems · GitHub

Machine tabs are something I’d like to add, just haven’t had the chance yet.

4 Likes