Raspberry Pi and related Stuff

Raspberry Pi and related Stuff

Well I already have the 1TB SSD backing up its content when needed to the 1TB WD Blue that i happen to have from way early days. It’s not RAID because the Pi bottlenecks the speed, and since its Videos and Music its also not constantly changing Data.

And both Drives are a Backup. ^^

Also now your Username makes more sense to me but it also makes LESS sense to me at the same time! Which one of the two is your first name and which your family/last name? XD

3 Likes

First name is Phillip, just like it’s displayed. When I grew up in the '90s the standard in the US for usernames was first initial + last name. It was really funny when my high school computer teacher thought the account “backusm” was a backdoor account someone created, but the guy’s name was Matt Backus.

If you are storing a large media library you might want to look at… I think it was called unraid? You just store files on multiple drives normally, then run a program to compute the parity. If a drive fails, you can run the program to use the parity to reconstitute the missing files, but normal access only uses the one drive the file is on like normal. It’s nice for media libraries that are mostly read-only and where you may want to keep most of the drives in sleep mode and only wake up the one you need to spool your video from, and don’t need the extra performance from striping the data across multiple drives. I’ve never used it but it seems kind of neat.

3 Likes