Some machines will disappear

My players told me that some of the GT6 machines will disappear inexplicably. I checked the logs are normal. Nothing has happened. I am using Thermos. Maybe I should try ForgeServer?

2 Likes

Tried the gregtech.log File? They should never just disappear, so what do your Players define as disappear? Turning Invisible but still being there, or turning into Air? What is the surrounding Area around them?

1 Like

is just normal terrain, I don’t know why this happens, there is no warning or error in my server.
Disappeared when placed, I only installed a MOD of GT6.
Gregtech.log

GT_API: ======================
GT_API: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API: Sorting Greg-API to the start of the Mod List for further processing.
GT_API: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_API: =======================
GT_API_POST: ======================
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: Sorting Greg-API-Post to the end of the Mod List for further processing.
GT_API_POST: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: =======================
GT_Mod: ======================
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Sorting GregTech to the end of the Mod List for further processing.
GT_Download_Thread: Downloaded Silver Supporter List!
GT_Download_Thread: Downloaded Gold Supporter List!
GT_Mod: PreInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: =======================
GT_Download_Thread: Downloaded News.
GT_API: ===================
GT_API: Init-Phase started!
GT_API: If the Loading Bar somehow Freezes at this Point, then you definetly ran out of Memory or permgenspace, look at the other Logs to confirm it.
GT_API: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API: ====================
GT_API_POST: ===================
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: Initialize Wood Dictionary.
GT_API_POST: Init-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ====================
GT_Mod: ===================
GT_Mod: Init-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Registering Books.
GT_Mod: Scanning Food for the Canning Machine, and Wrenches/Crowbars for the Config.
GT_Mod: Init-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: ====================
GT_API: =======================
GT_API: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API: If the Loading Bar somehow Freezes at this Point, then you definetly ran out of Memory or permgenspace, look at the other Logs to confirm it.
GT_API: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API: ========================
GT_API_POST: =======================
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_API_POST: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_API_POST: ========================
GT_Mod: =======================
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase started!
GT_Mod: Increasing general amount of Loot in Dungeon Chests and alike
GT_Mod: Nerfing Vanilla Tool Durability
GT_Mod: PostInit-Phase finished!
GT_Mod: Making sure GT6 Chests are used in Worldgen instead of vanilla ones.
GT_Mod: Replacing Vanilla alike Recipes.
GT_Mod: Copying the Fluid Registry over to GT Machines.
GT_Mod: ========================
GT_API: Remapping ItemStackMaps due to ID Map change. Those damn Items should have a consistent Hashcode, but noooo, ofcourse they break Basic Code Conventions! Thanks Forge and Mojang!
GT_Server: Loaded Special Save Files
GT_API: Cleaning up all OreDict Crafting Recipes, which have an empty List in them, since they are never meeting any Condition.

2 Likes

Could it be something like rain affecting them, or some additional factor taken into account on placement?

Perhaps its the way that mod handler is processing the code? I’ve only ever used forge.
is it the same for all machines or just some? if so which ones?

2 Likes

Yeah now you really have to tell what exactly happens to the Machines.

Do they get deleted or do they turn invisible and you cant place Blocks where those Invisible ones are placed? What about GT6 Ores?

2 Likes

Hi Shuishan, were you able to find out more information from your players?

Did the machines turn invisible but could still be touched/jumped on or could you walk through them?
were the outside or inside?
Did it happen when they logged off and on, or did they disappear while they were watching them?
Did they explode?

2 Likes

Hi Shuishan,
did they maybe try to move a Gregtech Tileentity through some mod?
I once tried moving a Gregtech hopper with a Levitational Locomotive from Thaumic Tinkerer and that caused them to just vanish. I did not check the Gregtech logs thought.

2 Likes

Hello Author, this happens to my server too. Players may disappear into air when they place the machine.

3 Likes

So it is just the Players going poof? Not the Blocks?

2 Likes

Do you mean this?

That’s the problem I’ve had.
You might want to confirm that the server core is Thermos.This happened when I used KCauldron.This is not the case with Thermos.Uranium is also a kind of KCauldron.

It seems that the questioner also speaks Chinese, so I repeat it in Chinese.
看名字感觉是中国人,所以我用中文再说一遍。
我也曾遇到过类似的问题,当时的提问在这个链接:

不只是多方块结构,放置普通机器时也会经常出现。
当时我用的是Uranium,换成Thermos或者Contigo后就没有这种情况了。(Uranium是KCauldron的分支,Contigo是Thermos的分支)。
确认一下你的服务端是否确实是Thermos(/version),如果不是,就换成Thermos或者Contigo试试。
(感觉在这里提问的起码一半是国人)

3 Likes

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh I do not understand that at all. XD

2 Likes

对就是这样,但是我不想换服务器核心因为特别麻烦,有没有别的方式解决

4 Likes

GT6 is incompatible with server core KCauldron. This problem will cause GT6 items to disappear into air when they are placed on the server. Do you have any intention of fixing this problem?

4 Likes

I sadly dont know what KCauldron screws up with it. The whole System of placing GT6 Blocks is very complicated and not really something that any external Code should ever mess with at all, considering it’s already almost impossible to make it work with vanilla Minecraft without hackery.

And I cant just use the “normal” way because then we would run out of Block IDs.

So unless I get much more details on what exactly is happening, I cannot really help. : /

4 Likes

目前没有发现别的解决方法,不然我也不会用不兼容很多东西的Contigo而会去用Uranium

3 Likes

KCauldron做什么?
What does KCauldron do?

2 Likes

Hello!
Also, the blocks disappear on my server.
The server is local, we play only with a friend.
KCauldrone 1.7.10-1614.201
gregtech_1.7.10-6.11.04

All the missing blocks are tileentity: bushes with berries, pipes, mechanisms and others. In all cases, the environment is different, as is the position in the chunk: only grass is nearby - below, a wall nearby or something else.
I did not find anything in the logs.

3 Likes

Yeah i still have no idea how it happens, all i know is its kcauldron doing it or whichever bukkit you’re using. Bukkit and Mods does not go well in general…

2 Likes

Imagine placing a Block on a laggy gt6 server and you are non existent anymore

1 Like