Some potentially useful chemical materials and synthesis

Oops,Today an explosion occurred in a chemical plant in Yancheng, Jiangsu Province. It may be caused by benzene leak, so it has to go back to the topic of benzene.
I think if the coke oven can not be used to produce coal tar, then the pyrolysis oven should be able to separate benzene and some derivatives (such as toluene), other aromatic hydrocarbons, such as naphthalene and anthracene, some derivatives of benzene and heterocyclic compounds, such as phenol, aniline and pyridine. Thiophene is not very useful, so it can be ignored. This is probably the best solution to the controversy over the way benzene is obtained in a month (if you donā€™t want to modify the recipe of coke oven coking coal)
About which derivatives of benzene should be addedā€¦ Toluene can be used to make TNT, so phenol can be used to make epoxy resin and picric acid in the future, p-xyleneā€¦ It may be controversial, chlorobenzeneā€¦ GT5 is available, but the efficiency of phenol production from chlorobenzene + alkali is not highā€¦ Maybe more functions should be added to it, p-dichlorobenzeneā€¦ GT6 does not seem to need polyphenylene sulfide. As for styrene, if polystyrene is needed as Petri dish for wet-ware biological circuitsā€¦ Isopropylbenzene is used to produce phenol and acetone. If 2-ethylanthraquinone is needed to produce hydrogen peroxide in the future, then ethylbenzene and phthalic anhydride are also needed.
Some potentially useless materials, such as palladium, can be used as catalysts so that they can have some uses.
In the last,R.I.P :sob:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that news.
I lent my mobile phone to my friend. He didnā€™t return it to me, so I didnā€™t see the new discussion these days, sorry.
Yeah,the first step is electrolyzing (NH4)2SO4 solution containing H2SO4 to prepare (NH4)2S2O8.There is also a saying that 60% sulfuric acid can be used for electrolysis to directly prepare H2S2O8.
Then stepwise hydrolysis in normal water and 1atm.
The reaction mechanism is as follows.
H2S2O8+H2O===H2SO4+H2SO5
H2SO5+H2O===H2SO4+H2O2
If you want to extract hydrogen peroxide, you can use a vacuum distillation method.

3 Likes

Speaking of ammonium salts, ammonia synthesis of ammonium salts is very important in chemical industry. I remember that some suggestions about ammonia synthesis were put forward before: ammonia synthesis with nitrogen and hydrogen under high temperature and pressure and Fe3O4 catalysis (Haber process), which may require a special large machineā€¦

4 Likes

You succeeded in letting me review basic organic chemistry(Pei jian).

4 Likes

Hahaha, the Basic Organic Chemistry is so interesting, isnā€™t it?:rofl:
ļ¼ˆč£“å·Øęœ¬ę˜ÆēœŸēš„重ļ¼‰

3 Likes

I just think corey A&B should be better than Peiā€˜s. Maybe the book* Advanced Organic Chemistry* can support you more information.

4 Likes

Ah, I just want to say that time flies in the boring life under the epidemic. This post has been for three years. Many of the good suggestions mentioned may never be completed (although I still hope they will be added, such as pyrolysis furnace and large crystallizer), which is really a pity.

The reason why I want to mention now is that I have a cousin with a doctor of petrochemical who got married some time ago (the reason why I am interested in this aspect is that I think I can get some help from him, which is one of the reasons why I always hope gt6 can join these).

This may be a bit of ā€œdig tombā€ (Chinese Internet terminology refers to replying to posts that have not been answered for a long time in the forum community. This behavior is considered to be deliberately damaging the page in many communities and is prohibited, but it should be no problem in a very cold community such as GT Forum).

2 Likes