Someone is already doing something similar of your ideas, check it out

(Samuel Kloss) #1

Evospace

Its not polished at all, but i bought it and its actually fun. I already asked for modding-support to add some gregstyle to it :b

(Gregorius Techneticies) #2

Ah I see, but it wont be similar enough to stop me from doing my own thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also the Graphics Style isn’t what I would envision for my Game (I actually prefer Low Resolution Cubic Graphics), not to mention I would use 0.25m wide Blocks, so that Pipe would be 6-8 Blocks Large in my Game, with each of the Pipe Segments being a full 0.25³m³ Block.

(Samuel Kloss) #3

Nah, i do not want to stop you to do your project. Im hyped, still.

Just want to show off some ideas & projects. I really wish, you will not go for a 3D world like this game, i mean its still 3D but Voxel-Based.

(Gregorius Techneticies) #4

Yeah I will make most Blocks based on Cubes, there will likely not be any roundish things either. Makes not only everything easier to Model (since its just Textures on a Cube and Multiblocks), but also gives a few ways of optimizing Rendering by not having a ton of Models on Screen. Essentially it’s like I handle GT6 regarding Modelling, just a bunch of Cuboid Blocks with eventually animated Textures wherever it makes actual sense.