Turbines and other mods

Hey Greg and everyone! Why do many turbines requires metals or alloys from other mods? I play without Twilight forest/Thaumcraft and i cant craft half of them. Ironwood, steeleaf, thaumium, fiery steel and ALL tungstensteel turbines. Its not fair to players who plays only GT6.
Or how can I get graphene or trinium at least?

3 Likes

Trinium is a difficult one but works with GT6 only just fine, but it is hard to do. First you need to find about one unit of Trinium, then you need to scan that for the Mass Fabricator, and then you need to Massfabricate Trinium.

As for graphene, uhhh, I seriously need a way to obtain that dont i…

3 Likes

Wait. Is there a way to get Trinium with only GT6?

3 Likes

You already added duct tape. You actually can obtain graphene using duct tape and graphite and this was the first method used by people that discovered graphene and won nobel prize as well.

A more proper way to create graphene is using shear mixer and ultrasound.

Anyway in both cases you can obtain graphene sheets up to few microns^2 at most, so, if you want to take account of realism, you should consider that as well.

I think carbon fiber would make much more sense.

4 Likes

Nice try, and how do you get the tape off the Graphene afterwards?

Yes you can. Though it is Dungeon Loot.

2 Likes

They dissolved the tape so at the end they had a solution with graphene inside.

They probably used acetone or a similar alcohol. Duct tape is usually made with some kind of plastic
and acetone can dissolve many kinds of plastic materials.

3 Likes

This is true, though they weren’t using duct tape. I believe they used cellotape.

3 Likes

Yep and yep. They just needed something ‘barely’ sticky that dissolved easily. It’s really easy to make graphene sheets. Just harder to make fully interconnected ones. ^.^;

3 Likes

what we need is some sort of nano based atomic stitching device… Hmm I call it, the Natomistitch!

2 Likes

Lol, in real life those are called Nanoscale Fabricators, or a nanofab for short. They are a set of miniature production pipeline that assemble individual atoms first, passing those up stages to craft into larger and larger things until you get your output product, which has a lot of excess material to act as bindings (it needs to be fairly solid), but the unneeded bit can be made out of something that washes off easily or so though, and of course you need essentially an atom-scale blueprint of what you want to create. Modern 3d printers are essentially a larger version of those and creating the first NanoFab is the goal of quite a number of companies as once you have the first, it can craft more if you give it the raw resources needed.

3 Likes

I mean that’s the answer isn’t it? 3D Printer block.

Technically we have a real life counterpart, only its at the dot matrix analogue stage of regular printers.

3 Likes
[ADDED]
Nanoscale Fabricator, or Nanofab for short.

Natomistitch! :star_struck:

5 Likes

The nanotechnology revolution of GregTech is coming! :wink:

5 Likes

Now that we can make graphene, will we get graphene supercapacitors as well? :grinning:

4 Likes

I request graphene nanotubes to build a space elevator to get the moon without a rocket.

3 Likes