ModPack Manager (Not Functional/Discontinued)

Ok noted. Will just wait a few days and try again…

4 Likes

Unabe to add a curse pack. I try using this curse link ‘https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/rlcraft’ and it says link is invalid has to start with ‘https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/’. Any idea what could be the problem, or do you have a solution? you dont need to respond straight away I am in no hurry.

4 Likes

Yes it is right now not suggested MPM until the next patch comes out.

4 Likes

Cool I thought it was something like that since curse changed there website around. I’ll keep an eye out

4 Likes

for some reason the latest MPM doesnt fetch anything from curseforge.
or in other words, i can’t precache anything.
i try to recache something and it just instantly finishes without anything being cached.

the log also looks kinda weird to me
https://pastebin.com/99PMKrah

i just read through the forum a bit and noticed it’s a thing with curse, so it seems that i have to wait for all this a while, well then

4 Likes

Yeah took down MPM because curseforge blocks now all Non Webbrowser access from third party tools.

5 Likes

That sucks man, you’ve been working on this for ages.

4 Likes

kinda shit from curse to be honest
never got to try it out

5 Likes

I hope modders notice this shit and leaves Amazon for more open alternatives. Amazon (twitch/curse) is trying to own the minecraft mod scene and that’s pretty much the opposite of what modding is all about. Screw them.

4 Likes

I doubt it since most modders accepted and even support twitch already because they get money for their work.
CurseForge solved a problem that moddevs had that wanted at least something for their work.
Modpacks were basically able to steal downloads of mods. Curseforge now basically makes it so that moddevs still get their cut. Unless someone with a big money pool back their asses up nobody will do that.

3 Likes

Can I see the source code? I think I may have a workaround. I just need to figure out how to port this to electron.js, as it runs on the chromium web browser. I think that, by doing so, the web interface may be usable.

4 Likes

There are ways around it I am aware of 1 way at least but it is a licesneing nightmare, that I dont want to deal with this year.
Curse now has anti ddos checks and bot checks that wait at least 5 seconds etc, and this change is rather new so letting people get used to that and let curse calm down is I think right now the best choice.
I am not sure if I am going to drop this project entirly or not. Its frozen right now because I work on other things, but If you have the program you also have the sourcecode because decompilers exist and I didnt use anything that would cause a decompiler not to work.

I am sorry that I got a bit to demotivated after this shitfest happend.
Because I already invested a lot time improving the program and was almost ready to make a release and this happend which almost invalidates 2 months of work.

3 Likes

Sorry if I am posting this wrong but I can’t seem to install Mod pack Manager. Can someone please help. New to this and can use it. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Software is no longer available because its no longer working.

Edit by Greg: See the Post above yours for Details on how Curse screwed it up.

3 Likes

Ok,Thank you. Sorry I didn’t see that.

3 Likes

Thank you. Sorry I didn’t see that at first. Was hoping for another one.

3 Likes

@Gregorius could you lockdown this thread so it is seen that this project is discontinued

2 Likes