Data, Monitoring and Automation

Recently, I visited some mods with monitoring equipment status, such as AE2 and nuclearcontrol. I found that GT6 lacks something that can be monitored remotely, which means that even in the lategame, you still have to use magnifing glass to check the equipment one by one, rather than remotely monitor it. In this way, even if there is something wrong with the later large-scale automation production line, you may have to check the problem one by one, which is very troublesome. It would at least be more convenient if there were automated monitoring equipment.
Therefore, we can consider adding some remote monitoring devices, such as a small remote detection cover, which can set up channels to link to the corresponding channel display, and then display the various information of the device. It may be more complex, but at least it is better for large-scale automation production.

Another suggestion: add some decorative warning signs, like GT5U. This serves as a reminder and has a more industrial style (e.g. putting a fire hazard sign near the burning box to prevent someone in the server from setting off flammable materials nearby to trigger a fire).

4 Likes

ComputerCraft should work, if you are good in LUA you can actually monitor everything.

4 Likes

OpenComputers is so much better than CC!

4 Likes

Oh, I know OC, and I know it’s good for automation and monitoring. I’m just saying that GT can also consider adding these content, so it looks like a high-tech factory, and it’s easier to manage.
In addition, some suggestions on warning signs are as follows:
svg
Warning: It’s a common attention sign that can be used in many places.
svg
Fire hazard: Can be placed in fire prone situations, such as near the burning box or inflammable warehouse.
svg
Electrical hazard: Can be placed near uninsulated wires to prevent electric shock.
svg
Ionizing radiation: Maybe it can be placed near a nuclear reactor…
svg Explosive hazard: It can be used in situations where explosion may occur (e.g. boilers)
svg
Surface hot: DO NOT TOUCH THE STEAM PIPE!
svg
Toxic hazard: Maybe it could be decorated more like a chemical plant…
svg
Corrosion hazard: It may remind you that you should use anti-corrosive drums…
svg
Laser caution: Maybe the LU in the air will be added later to prevent injuries…
svg Magnetic hazard: Maybe it’s just a decoration that fits near the electromagnet…
svg Cryogenic hazard: Maybe this should be placed near cryotheum pipes…
These signs can be made in a form similar to a cover, but can be placed on any blocks to decorate your factory,Maybe some fictional dangers, such as magical danger in GT5U,by using a pentagram, may need to design some warning signs, such as flux taint warning signs.These signs are not good at drawing on the texture of 16x16 px. Maybe they should be added to 32x32 or 64x64 px… and maybe yellow and black striped blocks should also be added…
@Gregorius

3 Likes

Ah right, GT5 had those Warning Signs, I should add those back!

1 Like

If warning signs are to be added back, they are better made into “flat blocks” that can be pasted on opaque blocks instead of blocks like GT5, which wastes space and looks bad… You can add appropriate warning signs according to the specific situation of GT6, instead of copying GT5…

2 Likes

Yeah i am currently working on making them Covers, dont worry.

1 Like

I hope the warning sign can be attached to any blocks, not just the surface of tileentity…

2 Likes

Will work just like the Canvas when used with semitransparent Textures, so you could attach it to Wires too, but then it would have a Background Texture just so you know.

1 Like

There we go. ^^

3 Likes

I seem to see wearing earmuffs, sunglasses, helmet, masks and gas masks, but GT6 doesn’t have these. Will you join us in the future?
Back to the subject, do you have plans to add remote monitoring devices in the future?

2 Likes

Nah I just added them because they exist IRL in some cases. Sometimes Deco is just Deco :wink:

1 Like

Earmuffs => noise, sunglasses => flash, helmet => impact, mask = dust, gas mask => poison. Is that correct?
Remote monitoring should be a good idea, but it may be more complicated…

2 Likes

well gas mask is for poisonous Gasses but yes ofcourse.

And the Helmet one could easily indicate falling vanilla Anvils XD

1 Like

Both are good but I agree OpenComputers is highly superior.

Edit: Just saw the warning signs, looking good, but of course the earmuffs are to warn of the dreaded cold of enviromine temperature. :joy:

2 Likes