Minecraft lags even at the menu without any other than Forge and Gregtech mods

I know that you mean about gpu states, but this is something different: cpu manages to render more than 60 fps while vsync is off and less (40-50, not 59ish) with it enabled. Cpu is 100% single core occupied in both cases.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard of that happening, vsync forces a sync, which can sleep for a period. I’ve generally only heard of this happening on Windows though, so I’m guessing that is what you have? Ah yep, in the OP.

2 Likes

The thing that worked for me was to go in to Geforce Experience, head to settings, go to general and disable Overlay In Game, it is super weird but that worked for me xD

1 Like

Thing is AMD is not nvidia. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Greg, what Java version would you recommend and is it worth installing Better FPS mod? I just want to make sure BFPS doesn’t mess with GregTech in any way like Optifine is known to.

2 Likes

I do not even know what the Better FPS Mod actually does, so you might need to experiment with it and find out if it works and report back any Issues you get with it, especially Singleplayer Issues, because I assume it is a Clientside only Mod so it wouldn’t be installed on Servers.

Optifine has lovely Singleplayer issues like fucking up my Mob Spawning Prevention for GT6 Stone Blocks…

2 Likes

You can get around that easily enough with another popular mod that I already recommend for general use, No Mobs Spawning On Trees, which lets you configure basically everything about where, when and how a mob will spawn. To get around the optifine issue, you literally dump the entirety of greg’s smooth and spawn-protected rocks for it.

I understand the issue with optifine and it’s annoying, but its merits definitely outstrip the hoops you have to jump through to get it to work properly with all mods in a 1.7 modpack. Optifine D6 coupled with fastcraft 1.23 (.25 is a gutted version made to have compat with later versions of OF from D7 and beyond, when they bundled together the shaders mod and broke compat with half their base) and betterfps leads to huge FPS improvements on older hardware.

2 Likes

Your List contains MetaData 2 in there which is Mossy Cobblestone which DOES allow Mob Spawns.

1 Like

I know, I use UBC worldgen because I like the very large rock biome worldgen, so that’s not an issue.

2 Likes

You are aware that GT6 itself already uses its own very large rock layer generation? It even generates Underground Biomes Stone Blocks in the World when that Mod is installed.

If you somehow run both Generators by accident, it will Lag Worldgen a LOT.

1 Like

I am aware, yes. Which is why I disabled GT rock layers.

2 Likes

Wait what is different between Underground Biomes Rock Layers and mine? Apart from me having much more variety in Rock Types. Is that really worth switching back to the old GT5 Style Ore generation to make this happen?

1 Like

Sorry to say this but some of your stones are ugly. Mostly because they are recoloured vanilla stones like diorite and andesite; which could just mean vanilla stones are ugly and you just chose them as your base texture. Also some of your ores/metal related items are out of place because you decided to switch them to 1.18 style for some reason. Bear is also mad that you changed some textures to match 1.18 but Bear is mad at everything so maybe that’s not a valid reinforcement :smile:

2 Likes

But there is a Texturepack for that here on the Forums, lol

3 Likes

I don’t care, I still play with your programmer art since I am a loyal GregTech Chemist. Whatever the overlord releases, I accept :heart:

2 Likes

I value individuality way more than loyalty, just so you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like