Steam turbines stopped working over time

The steam turbines over time just stopped working. in the screenshot only the left two turbines work and the right two filled with steam just don’t do anything, I can break the left two and then 1 or 2 and the right turbines might start working, but if I get the turbines back then again random 2 of the 4 turbines stop working and they never work in place.
I have also tried putting them in other chunks and in other worlds, but all the new turbines that I put also break, but at the same time all the old ones already installed are not broken and continue to work (This applies to all steam turbines in general). This is the latest version of GT 1.12.2-2.8.7-beta. I can also add that since the creation of my build new mods have hardly been added, and the last mod added was 40 hours of my online hours ago before this breakdown. Already reinstalled the mod, doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Is the energy buffers full? I remember that at least in CEu, generators turn off when it fills the buffers. Waila or TOP (or the tricorder) should be able to tell you the buffer amount in these machines.

2 Likes

that’s exactly what’s happening. they run until their internal buffer is full and for some reason they stop giving out power, there have even been cases where they don’t run at full power (this seems absurd to me and I don’t see how this is possible). It’s like wires let a limited amount of energy through, but weak turbines behave the same way…

2 Likes

I found a funny solution to this problem. after testing a bit more I realised that any unit can’t take more than 2 amps, I tried using transformers to bypass this limitation by “compressing” the amps, but for some reason it still didn’t work, but it worked with battery buffers, which is quite funny because they increase the current on the contrary, lol

But anyway the bug is weird and I understand I’m one of not many who have encountered it, so I don’t know if the mod makers will be willing to fix it, but if they are, I can at least try to provide more information about the bug or my device

2 Likes

I realised that any unit can’t take more than 2 amps

not sure what you meant by that, but I have some suggestions that might help.

1. Try using a thicker wire (4x, 8x, 16x, etc), as they have limited amperage. (the tooltip should tell you the amp limit of each cable)

2. Battery buffers accept/emit different amounts of amps based on their size (and amount of batteries you put inside). For example, if you put 4 batteries in a 4x battery buffer, it can accept 8 amps (2x the amount of batteries you put in, I think) and output 4 amps.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Machines USUALLY take at most 2 Amps, maybe 3 if loss is existing on the way there, it IS possible to take 4 Amps too but that’s difficult to pull off because you would need to be VERY bad at hooking things up for that to happen. 5 Amps and more are not possible, and Energy will definitely get voided at that point, which means it would eat ALL the Amps that are available and not just five.

1 Like